25 August 2015

Week 3

I can't believe we have completed week 3 & into our 4th week - the last one in Phase One - next week I can eat potatoes :-)

So this week has consisted of probably an equal amount of wins & fails in the kitchen - so that's mor encouraging than last week!
I have only lost about 1kg this week, but at least it is still going down.  I think we are starting to enjoy more and more now the changes & the food we are eating. 

So here's for some of the recipes...

RECIPE FAILS
1.  Lemon bars - again the taste of coconut in the base was just to much - am pretty much going to not try anymore recipes that have coconut flour in them!

RECIPE OK'S (but need work)
1.  Apple crumble - tasted too floury - would take out the coconut flour (surprise, surprise!) and add in shredded coconut.  I think it would be fine with just that, almond flour, butter & sliced almonds.  (I didn't measure anything!)
 
RECIPE WIN
1.  Tortilla (flatbread) - got a smaller frypan & had awesome success with these.  Wrapped up chicken & avocado & salad in these - YUM!
2.  Kombucha - after trialling the 3 flavours - the ginger came out as the best, so only did flavour again that this week. 
2.  Mayo - this was a fail to start with as I used extra virgin olive oil instead of the light it called for in the recipe.  When I used the right stuff it was awesome.  Added some garlic to it too - was very nice with avocado in these eggs for lunch. 
3.  Tuna Cakes - I thought these weren't going to work as they were quite runny - but these were awesome & my husband ate all of them! (I had intended on saving some for the next day's lunch!)
4.  Lemon slice - I made this recipe up myself & was very stoked that it tasted nice.  Basically the base was 1 cup each of coconut (shredded) & almond flour, 75g of butter melted & some honey pus lemon zest.  I pressed that in & refrigerated - then whipped up 250g of cream cheese, 75g of butter & some honey. And half a lemon of juice plus zest.  Then spread that over the base & refrigerated again. 
5.  Hummus - this was a piece of cake to make & will definitely make this regularly. 

RECIPES to TRY this week (that I didn't get to last week)
1.  Coconut yoghurt
2.  Israeli Salad
3.  Scotch Eggs - will have to substitute pork mince for ??
4.  Sausage patties for breakfast
5.  Naan bread
6.  Choc slice
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...