17 August 2015

RE - NEW (begin again)

2 years since I last posted - I wonder if that has any coincidence with the fact that I started a business and no longer have much free time on my hands!

Within the last year I have certainly not felt any urge to write at all.  Starting this time last year was a string of events that have really taken its toll & affected our lives quite a bit. To start, our church had a rather nasty split, which resulted in us leaving,  a month or so later Jon quit his job, a few weeks later we found out our pregnancy was not progressing, a couple of weeks after that Jon sunk the kayak & got rescued at sea, a week later his Dad passed away suddenly, then a couple of weeks after that I miscarried while we were on holiday in Sydney & ended up in hospital for a D&C.  We were reeling - it was a tough time.  Then a few months later the last frozen embryo was put in, but was unsuccessful - signalling to us, that our precious Gabriella would most likely be an only child. 

1 year on from the beginning of these tumultuous events we are beginning to find ourselves starting to find our feet again.  We are re-dreaming, re-gaining energy, re-establishing, re-newing & re-freshing lots of things in our house & lives.  One of those things has been our diet, weight & fitness.
It has been half-hearted within the past couple of years,  but got to the point where I need to do something to arrest the growing weight, aches & pains within my body. 

So to start I read "The Maker's Diet for Weight Loss" and we started 2 weeks ago the beginning of a 16 week diet challenge.  It has been a steep learning curve & quite difficult but I am learning along the way & now starting to enjoy it.  As I have been searching for new recipes and ideas, I have come across some good blogs of people who have embarked on something similar and documented the recipes and food that they have eaten - most of these are really good & have helped me a lot, so I thought I too could pass on what I have learnt & good recipes while I document how we go on this new journey.  I will try & post each week the recipes that have worked for me, those that have been a flop, some lifestyle changes and my progress!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...