7 June 2013

Eclectic Links

1.  Was interested in reading this column in our local paper this week -- the breakfast (or food in schools) debate has me in two minds & I thought this guy addressed it well.  It also got me thinking about maybe re-training as a social worker...I know I think about re-training as something every year but ya never know...


2.  I have spent a bit of time working on the camp website updating the banner & logo and style.  I'm not yet 100% happy with it, but it is lots better than it was.  You can check it out here...www.lonsdalechildren.blogspot.com 

3.  I fell down the stairs on Monday -- was really sore -- but thankfully only hurt my ankle & got a huge bruise on my thigh!  Been putting RealDealHurtCream on it & has started to heal up really well.  Could have been so much worse.
4.  This is a fascinating article about what the Finnish government give each expecting mother.  It would be cool to plot the contents in image form & discuss the ideology over time.  

5.  McDonalds has failed in Bolivia because their idea of food is that it is slowly & lovingly made! Awesome :-)

6. Colin Meads who received a Queens Bday honour offers young 5 life lessons.  I especially like his first & last one -- some good advice.  

7.  A few funny you tube videos to finish the week off...
NZ TV Advertisement featuring one of my students from last year
Makes you think about "short term missions" Helping Africa?

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. if you look at the bolivians' comments on the idea that mcdonalds pulled out of bolivia because they like slow cooked and lovingly made food you'll see that its not actually true. like a neighbouring south american country, mcd is not a cheap place to eat compared with full plates of "homemade" traditional foods at local "copetins". so its more economic rather than a cultural ideal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to think its a bit of both. :-)

      Delete

Would love to hear your thoughts...