9 June 2010

Summer...

It at long last has started to warm up here...about 25-30 degrees this week, lovely stuff.  It gets even better that yesterday I handed in my last 2 assignments.  I am now completely study free, and have theoretically completed my degree.  Today is my last day of teaching, just 1 more report to write, and then I close the book on that too.
Not quite time to relax though, I have about 3 days to get this house cleaned up & ship-shape with the last few DIY bits n pieces before next week my brother & I head to Poland. We will meet my Mum & Dad there, and stay for 5 days showing them around a bit and getting Mum a visa.  Then they will be coming back here to Ukraine to stay for about 18 days.  Jon (poor boy) still has a few more weeks of school, but things are winding down for him too.

The last week of June we will be playing in a cricket tournament (it would be safe to say I will be the only girl!) so that will be a good start to the summer for Jon.  The British Embassy and others are trying to get Ukraine registered with the ICC (International Cricket something) before 2020, so although we have been playing cricket here in Ukraine for about 2-3 seasons (not regularly) things are just starting to pick up.  This article in the local English paper tells what they are trying to achieve, and mentions our friend and captain, Wayne (whose indoor "stadium" we train in). It will be interesting to see how it develops.


Also to report...we have changed our diet a lot lately, eating a lot of fresh veges and cut down on meat & processed food.  I have been running twice a week, regular with Wii Fit and playing squash and have now officially lost 5kg.  I am halfway to my goal and feeling better for it.  We have also been watching & reading a lot of stuff lately about food, where it comes from and ethical choices.  It is really eye-opening and something I am becoming more & more passionate about, and have even started a blog dedicated to those issues.  We really enjoyed watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution series, (check out his video here) I would love to start something like that...a cafe with cooking classes.   We'll see!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...