14 April 2010

Recent books

Well, probably not so recent actually, the reading has slowed down lately, so here's what I have enjoyed in the past 5-6 months.                                                                                                                 


Long Way Gone -- Ishmael Beah 
I found this book very sad and moving.  I was touched by the aid-workers who never gave up.  A compelling read, that opens your eyes and gives you reason to be thankful.  *****




Castaway Kid -- R.B. Mitchell
This book was a great insight into the life of an unwanted child.  His thoughts and feelings were heartbreaking at times.  It shows how the way people can love & help is so important.
****


                              
A Message from God -- Retha & Aldo McPherson
This book bought me to tears and challenged my thinking.
It is a very personal book that tells the story of how God broke and remade her heart.
****


Catcher and the Rye -- J.D. Salinger
I persevered with this book because I heard it is a classic and good read, but I fount it very weird and at times a little disturbing.  I'm not sure what the point of it is.
**  




Just do Something -- Kevin de Young
I really enjoyed this book and was also challenged by it.  His ideas and thoughts are "no-nonsense" practical and helpful.  Everyone should read this book.
****
                                                                            
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...