31 October 2006
I have always thought I would write a book or two in my lifetime. Well yesterday I had an idea for one. It would more be a resource/workbook, & suggesting other resources for use.
Here is my draft introduction & contents page...
The better you understand yourself the better you can love yourself & therefore love your neighbour & God with all your heart soul & mind.
You may think that this is the wrong starting place, beginning with me. But really you arent starting with yourself, you are starting with understanding God's creation & the uniqueness with which He has created and gifted you, which in turn brings freedom to embrace yourself & love others and glorify God. So really the start and finish is God.
As you commit to understanding and asking God to reveal the way you have been specifically made to live and function in this world & His mandate for you, your life will begin to make sense.
Contents (& other resources to draw from)
1. Personality Tests
2. Love Languages
3. Spiritual gifts
4. Leadership styles
5. Myers Briggs
7. Quirky traits
8. EQ & IQ
9. Left & right brain
10. Learning styles (VAK)
It has come to my attention that as children we have either been taught or caught (inadvertently taught) lies. Some of these are shallow and laughable, others are more sinister & subtle whose affects are far-reaching.
I thought I would start a list...
1. Santa Claus is real.
2. Tooth fairy takes our teeth & gives us money.
3. Swallow a plum stone & a plum tree will grow out your ears.
4. Cracking your fingers will give you arthritis.
5. You become a Christian & bad stuff wont happen to you & if it does...smile, you can handle it!
6. There are some levels of sin which are terrible & cant be confessed or talked about.
7. You shouldnt share your struggles.
8. Guilt is God-sent to show you were wrong.
9. Family is more important than friends.
10. Tithing money is biblical.
11. A wedding means you are married.
12. Carrots help you see in the dark.