Wow - Phase 1 done & dusted! It went fast The first 10 days were definitely the hardest & now it seems we are in the swing of things. Potato eating on the weekend wasn't that exciting! We were at a conference for the weekend, so I think we managed pretty well with very minimal (unavoidable) cheating.
I have lost about 1kg this week, and now its about a total of 6kg or more that I have lost from the beginning of this diet! YAY
I have not done much experimenting in the kitchen this week - I have either been away or very busy.
Just a pointer before I go onto the recipes - I have realised that making my own stuff means that it doesn't last as long - either it gets devoured - or it goes off a lot quicker than store bought. I unfortunately had to throw out my tomato sauce as it was becoming tomato wine! Next time I will make a smaller batch!
1. Meatballs - made with mince, egg & a bit of almond flour. I also added some flavours/spices. I'm just not sure if I liked both the texture & the taste. I think if I had eaten them hot with nice sauce, then that would have enhanced the experience.
1. Stuffed butternuts & zucchini. This was a recipe I adapted/made up. I made a mince/spag bol mix up with tin tomatoes & grated carrot etc. I then hollowed out both zucchinis & butternuts & put the mince mix into these, sprinkled with chees & then baked. These were awesome & had some leftover for lunches the next day.
2. Broccoli & chicken bake/casserole - this was really yummy & very easy to make. I used fresh chicken breasts, no mushrooms & I couldn't get stock without sugar in it, so just used water. It was nice :-)
Sorry - no pics this week!
RECIPES to TRY this week (that I didn't get to last week - AGAIN!)
1. Coconut yoghurt
2. Israeli Salad
3. Scotch Eggs - will have to substitute pork mince for ??
4. Sausage patties for breakfast
5. Naan bread
6. Choc slice