18 May 2010

Food Glorious Food

I love to cook and I love to have people over for dinner.  Food is a huge part of culture & community.  It seems that in the past few months I have been reading, watching and thinking a lot about food & our bodies.  Here are some of the things that have really got me thinking. Click on the links-- its food for thought!
Reading...
You are Fat
Health
3 posts by Tall Skinny Kiwi (1 for each part of his name)
Watching...
Jamie Olivers Food Revolution & his TED speech
Food Inc (great documentary)
Thoughts...
Series of Choices (my personal health)
The vulnerable are unfortunately always exploited and abused.  You will have heard of emotional, sexual & physical abuse, but what about food abuse??
From Oliver Twist' tasteless and insufficient tale of food, and now today's fatty, processed rubbish, children and adults are not getting a fair chance.
Today's problem is mainly through a lack of education. Knowledge is power, and ignorance keeps people in the dark & under control.
I want to be a part of the food revolution.
I want to get myself & family eating healthily, and exercising regularly.
I want to grow or buy seasonal fresh fruit & vegetables, and produce our own meat.
I want to help educate my community so they have the choice to do the same.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...