17 August 2015

Week One & Two

Our first week was rather boring & consisted of following the diet prescribed menu without much creativity - getting my head around it & surviving with a weight loss of about 4kg! YAY

Week two - found me getting a bit bored with the same old, so started to experiment with some new recipes.  Some were disasters - others I have improved on, and some have been ok. 
So to start here are some ingredient links of stuff I have bought to help in the process...

INGREDIENTS
Protein Powder - for smoothies from Protein NZ - made sure it was the Whey Isolate & we got the vanilla flavour.  This is a great addition to our yoghurt & berry smoothies we have for breakfast. 

Supplements - Multi vitamins and Fucoxanthin from iHeal Trademe Store

RECIPE FAILS
These recipes worked but tasted yuk - I have decided that I don't really like the texture of coconut flour...and that tapioca flour makes things slimy.

1.  English muffins - passable but not really that nice
2.  Choc muffins - Jon liked them - very strong bitter taste - maybe too much cocoa & need more honey/sweetener
3.  Protein pancakes - tasted eggy - not nice (they looked so nice in the pic - but I couldn't stomach them!)

RECIPE OK'S (but need work)
1.  Falafal - wouldn't stick together without flour (& I think I then added too much!)
2.  Tortilla (flatbread) - needed a smaller frying pan as really hard to flip - but otherwise a WIN! I think this is where tapioca flour comes into its own. 
3.  Waffles - I liked these - but again the coconut flour was quite dominant

RECIPE WIN
1.  Kombucha - trialling 3 flavours this week (chai, ginger & cinnamon)
2.  Ketchup - sugar free (my own concoction)

RECIPES to TRY this week
1.  Coconut yoghurt
2.  Israeli Salad
3.  Homemade Mayo
4. Scotch Eggs - will have to substitute pork mince for ??
5.  Tuna Cakes
6. Sausage patties for breakfast
7.  Naan bread
8.  Choc slice




Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...