1 June 2011

Health & Wellbeing

It's been awhile, and I haven't really felt like it -- blogging that is. The last 2-3 weeks have been rather hard and I have had no idea why...until yesterday.  As the answer came, things started to fall into place, and as I began to understand the light-bulb came on the weight seemed to fall off my shoulders.
So for the past few weeks I have been:
* Tired
* Sore joints/bones
* Craved chocolate (those who know me well, will know this is strange)
* Cried a lot
* Depressed
* Strange dreams
* Headaches
* Feeling like I was losing it
Last week I decided I would go to the doctors.  She did a urine test, blood test & had a poke around.  According to her & the tests everything was fine.  BUT I still didn't feel fine!
I wondered what was going on, and found that I was worried for myself, which made me worry even further!
So yesterday I had my 3-monthly phone call appointment with Patient Advocates and although I had some good news about my Progesterone levels (that they had gone from 2.2 to 7.0) which was really fabulous, she went on to tell me that I was Estrogen deficient.  She is now going to put me onto some natural stuff to help raise my Estrogen levels.
Anyway, after this phone call I decided to do a bit of research on what the symptoms are fore estrogen deficiency.  Guess what I found?  All of the above symptoms!  (Here is an example) You wouldn't believe the relief I found, as with anyone it is scary to know something is wrong, but not sure what it is.  The surprising thing for me, is that I probably could have self-diagnosed this -- why do doctors have such a narrow working space?
O & just by the by, I have started reading The Great Physician's Rx for Health and Wellness and begun a 49 day healthy eating regime.  I am finding this really, really good and would recommend it if you would like some sound principles on eating, health & wellbeing.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Would love to hear your thoughts...